Looking to indulge in some fun fall cocktails to warm you up as the temperature drops? Here are three recipes for festive autumn drinks that incorporate wine that will have you yearning to put on your favorite sweater, kick back on the couch, and watch the leaves fall.
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 oz. ruby port
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 3 Luxardo cherries for garnish (optional)
- Combine bourbon, port, syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled champagne coupe; garnish with cherries, preferably pierced by a plastic sword.
- 3 dashes dashes rose water
- 1 oz. pomegranate juice
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Add rose water and pomegranate juice to champagne flute; top with champagne. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Red Wine Hot Chocolate
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fruity red wine, such as Pinot Noir, Shiraz or Beaujolais (we used merlot)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Sugar, for serving
- Bring chocolate and wine to a simmer in a 1-qt. saucepan over low heat; cook, whisking, until melted, about 3 minutes. Add 2⁄3 cup water, milk, and salt; bring to a boil, and cook, while whisking 3 minutes more. Pour into 2 mugs and serve with sugar on the side, if you like.
Remember to keep your Cork Genius handy to pop bottles and use your Vacuum Sealer to keep any leftover wine fresh for your next batch of fall cocktails.